Monday, June 24, 2013

Scor-Pal and Heartfelt Creations Week With Abby Henderson

Hi Friends! It's Abby with ScrappinAbby and I have a quick and easy project to share with all of you today using your Scor-pal and some of the wonderful products from Heartfelt Creations. I made a Notes Wood Wall Hanging....
 

Products used: Scor-pal  Scor-Tape  Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters and Butterflies Pre-Cut Set  Spellbinders Les Papillions Die  Heartfelt Creations Clear Cardstock 
 
I cut a strip of the clear card stock into a 6 x 2 1/2 " strip. I then placed it on my Scor-pal and made a score mark every 1/2"

Next I cut out the butterfly image I wanted to use with the clear card stock by using my Cuttlebug

I added some purple glitter glue to the edges of the butterfly and set it aside to dry.

I distressed the edges of my card stock, inked them up and adhered them to the decorative piece of wood using some Scor-Tape.

Next I used some Perfect Medium and some purple embossing powder to stamp and emboss the aster image.

I then stamped my butterfly image by using a mix of Distress Markers in a few different colors.

My butterfly die cut was still drying so I want ahead and adhered my score-marked clear card stock to the wood using the 1/" Scor-Tape.

Once the butterfly was dry, I used more Scor-Tape to adhere it over the stamped image. I simply added some flat back pearls, trims/laces and some flowers to complete the project. I topped it off with some vintage lace. 

This would be a great gift idea and you could tuck in a gift card or a sweet note for someone special. 
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and project today and that I was able to show you another way to create using the Scor-pal & Heartfelt Creations products. 
Thanks for stopping by the Scor-pal blog and happy crafting : )

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice idea and thanks for your tutorial. I'm just learning these techniques and it really helps!

craftieodmae said...

fantastic!!! What a neat idea!!! TFS@!

Unknown said...

Fun tutorial and the hanging is really cute. Loved how the butterfly was created.

Ravengirl said...

Oh Abby! I love this. The scored pocket is super cute with the fabulous Aster image peeking through.

berucrafts said...

thanks for all tutorials, I love your nice ideas :)

Jean Bullock said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Will come in handy.

Diana Crick said...

Abby your note hanger is so, so pretty. I love adding the clear envelope pocket and to think of scoring it first is ingenious. Love the sort of shabby chic feel. Gorgeous project.
hugs, Diana